06 February 2016

Happy 5th Birthday "Less is More"

Whoo Hoo!
Let's Celebrate!
We are 5 years old!

We have reached quite a milestone! It's 5 years since Less is More began and  we are delighted to say that we are still going strong... thanks to all the wonderful support from crafty bloggers from all around the world!

For our special Birthday Challenge we are delighted to be joined by some of our wonderful sponsors and there are lots of prizes to be had.

It's a colour challenge of course and what we would like to see is 
WHITE ON WHITE
(Accents in metallic or B/W are perfectly acceptable)

Seven Hills Crafts Logo

"I'm thrilled to be back supporting my favourite challenge's 5th Birthday.   For my card I've just used the simplicity of die cuts.  The two heart frames are by Concord and 9th and layer over each other with foam tape.  I added a gold foiled "love" from a Wplus9 die and finished with some tiny matching gold gems."

Tara is sponsoring the February challenge but is also offering an additional prize for the birthday challenge of the Mama Elephant: New Family set 

 



Bev is sharing a sneak peak of a new Uniko set!



White on white using Butterfly Birthday (stamp and die) and Fun Birthday Sentiments!

Jen 
We are delighted to be joined by our former designer for this special week!
A simple White on White card using an edge die from Impression Obsession.  I cut out two layers and then embossed one of them using the Papertrey Ink Linen Embossing plate for some texture.

And the fabulous mug in the background, I have a spare one you can win if you pop over to my blog and leave a comment on the post as a special birthday giveaway.


Clearly Besotted is also sponsoring this special challenge
Clearly Besotted Stamps


Anita

Apart from the embossed background, everything here is by Clearly Besotted.  I stamped the flower (Love Quotes II), the 'you' and 'thank' (Thank You set) in Versamark and heat embossed in silver and cut these out with their coordinating dies, and the 'thank' onto a strip of white cardstock.  The leaves were stamped and heat embossed in white and also cut with the coordinating dies, and the smaller leaves (Leafy Accents) were die cut from white vellum.  For the main panel I used some white embossing paste through a stencil, Dot Fade by Tim Holtz.  I then layered these up, adhered to the panel and then popped it up on 3D foam.

Anne


The whole card is made from linen textured card.  The flowery heart is a Memory Box Serafina die, attached to a XCut heart that was run through a Sheena Douglass embossing folder.  I embossed the Clarity sentiment and added a small XCut heart to it.
Chrissie

Here is a die-cut shaker card, using MFT's champagne glass and letters from Memory Box Alphabet Soup, with the @ from Cuttlebug.
Cheers "Less is More"


Sarah


 Being on the Design Team there I've been given the nod to treat you to a card 
using one of the brand new sets which hasn't even been revealed yet!
So let me introduce 'I Love Tea' and being a birthday month my 
inspiration came from the very English tradition of Afternoon Tea, 
with delicate china cups edged with gold ... I think my Grandma used 
to have some very similar to this too! The image and sentiment plus
2 edges of my card base are heat embossed in Gold Sparkle EP and to 
finish a few gems and pearls from my stash! 

As always we would urge you to visit the DT at their personal blogs where there is always additional inspiration for your delectation! It would be great if you could visit our Guest designers too!
Have fun!


41 comments:

  1. Wow, an amazing collection of inspiring cards, simply fabulous!
    Congratulations on your 5th birthday ... Here's to the next 5!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on 5 years, The DT and GDT members have certainly made some amazing cards. i am sad to say I will miss this challenge due to being away on a training course all week. Heres to the next 5 years xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations and or happy birthday!, great dt makes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 5th Birthday 'Simply Less is More'.

    Some stunning 'white on white' cards from the design team, friends and sponsors.

    An amazing challenge blog and although I hav'nt entered in ages it is always the first thing I look up on Saturday mornings. I feel inspired to do something different every week. Maybe I will have to take the plunge and enter again.

    Love Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to the best blog challenge out there
    Happy Birthday to You!

    Congratulations on your 5th birthday. Thank you so much ladies for a fun challenge every week and all the gorgeous inspiration. Love the white on white theme. Here's to the next 5 years xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed your singing Linda, thanks so much!

      Delete
  6. Amazing that LIM is already 5 years! All those challenges and all the creations that are linked; can't imagine how manny that are at the moment! So congrats on the 5 aniversary and I hope you will keep going on and challenging us with great ideas! And thanks for putting in your time to leave such uplifting and much appriciated comments every week! I still enjoy the challenges after more than three years :)
    Have a colourfull (or white?) weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 5th anniversary! I'm finding WoW a real challenge but you all rocked it. Fabulous inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAPPY FIFTH BLOGVERSARY, this is a must enter challenge for me and I think I've entered most of them - can hardly believe it's been five years. Here's to the next five!!! LOVELY examples again this week peeps - keep up the gr8 work

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your 5th Anniversary. Fabulous inspiration, as alwasy from the DT. Looking forward to joining in x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 5th Birthday to the best challenge in blogland! Thanks for having me guest.
    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! HAPPY, HAPPY 5TH.BIRTHDAY TO THIS AMAZING CHALLENGE BLOG!!! I'VE ONLY BEEN PARTICIPATING FOR A SHORT TIME SINCE I DISCOVERED IT AND I LOVE IT!!!
    I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR THE SWEET AND ENCOURAGING COMMENTS YOU ALWAYS LEAVE ON MY BLOG AND FOR THE CHANCE TO PUT OUR CREATIVITY TO WORK WITH YOUR IDEAS AND DESIGNS.
    WISHING FOR YOU MANY, MANY MORE YEARS OF FANTASTIC CHALLENGES.
    BIG HUGS,
    MARIA RODRIGUEZ.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your 5th birthday. LIM is still one of my favourite challenges, although I don't always get to play along. Love all the inspiration cards - so very elegant. Here's to many more challenges to come. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to my favourite challenge team for giving 'Blogland' five years of creativity, inspiration and fun! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations ladies with this aniversary. Love this white on white challenge. Have a nice weekend, Ankie

    ReplyDelete
  15. happy 5th birthday! All the inspiration cards are beautiful, congrats ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  16. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY Less Is More
    HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY
    May Your Future Soar!

    Soooo fun to watch you each month doing amazing creations. You all are always an inspiration to me and to so many others all over the world. Pretty amazing and exciting!

    These white on white projects are INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL and AMAZINGLY INSPIRING. Thanks bunches for always giving us the MORE and MORE of the BEST. j.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW where have those years gone, CONGRATULATIONS for a wonderful challenge to see really beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  18. LIM is always the first challenge blog I check every Saturday. There's always wonderful inspiration and talented Limettes entering. I have steadily grown in my own abilities of keeping it simple yet making a statement.
    CONGRATS! I am hoping for at least another Grand Five Years.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Huge congratulations! Here's to the next five years!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have to say it, I'm clearly besotted with your lovely WOW creations, ladies!! Congratulations on FIVE wonderful inspirational years and cheers to many, many more!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on 5!! And I love this theme. Your DT and GD cards are some of the best I have seen. I am going to have a play now and see how I get on, hoping to celebrate with you xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy 5th Birthday ladies!
    Wonderful samples (as always) and an awesome theme too!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations on your fifth birthday. I always find thereally nice and always happy to do your challenges. I hope we can enjoy for a long time of your challenges.
    Janny X

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations on your fifth birthday. I always find thereally nice and always happy to do your challenges. I hope we can enjoy for a long time of your challenges.
    Janny X

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy fifth Birthday! Thanks for your fantastic Sample cards.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations on your 5th Birthday! A fabulous selection of white on white cards from the DT. xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats on a wonderful milestone! May you (and we) have many more to come!
    Thanks for all the work you put into keeping all the inspiration flowing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm a little terrified of LIM cards. I can't seem to manage them usually but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to come by here every week to see what the DT and also the entrants have made. Happy Birthday! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy 5th birthday to LIM, I love your challenge, it is one of my favorites. Wishing you many more to come. Love the array of awesome inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy 5th birthday limettes and many more to come. Thanks for the inspiration and the beautiful cards of the DT

    ReplyDelete
  32. I have been away from my blog for....oh um about 3 years!! But the entire time I have had the link to your challenges pop up in my e mails and I have loved seeing the weekly winners and all the DT inspiration....always amazing!
    Finally I have found the time to restart my blog and what great timing ....you are now 5 and just getting better and better....what a fantastic success this challenge site is and I hope you don't mind me joing back in with my frugal crafty effort! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Happy Birthday to one of my favourite challenges!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Happy BIRTHDAY and thank you LIM! As always awesome inspiration cards!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Happy 5th Birthday at LIM Chrissie - what an amazing achievement. Thank you for the wonderful inspiration week after week, and HUGE thanks to you and your Teamies for all you do!
    Love, Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Congratulations for challenging us for 5 years.I've learnt so much here. Your cards are always amazing and this week is no exception.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Really sorry that I couldn't take part in this week's challenge to celebrate your special birthday, time has just gotten away with me! I appreciate how much time it takes each week to run a challenge blog and CC&S is only small in comparison with yours. So well done and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Five years is quite an accomplishment! As blog manager at CAS Colours & Sketches for the past year, I know how much time, effort, and creativity goes into making a challenge blog successful - and you ladies have done such a splendid job of it here at Less is More. Congratulations to you all, and best wishes for the next five years! :) I'm sorry I wasn't able to make the time to play along this week.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Five years - wow! I was too late to link up this week but wanted to stop by and wish you a very happy birthday - here's to the next 5! You ladies do an amazing job and your creativity is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Happy Birthday LIM. I don't manage to get organised enough to play that often but I do enjoy seeing how everyone tackles the challenges. I had hoped to get a card in that I made with the WOW in mind but I just ran out of time again!!! I have been so busy today and hoped it didn't close until midnight, but have just looked and it is closed, drat!! x

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.