13 February 2016

Week 263 One Layer and DT CALL!

Firstly we must say a huge  THANK YOU for all the wonderful comments we received on our Birthday challenge last week, ( prizes will be announced shortly)!
It's such a good feeling to know that our efforts are appreciated by so many of you!

At this point I (Chrissie) must express a HUGE debt of gratitude to the girls on the DT. I don't think that there is another challenge in Blogland where for the most part, ALL the DT have commented on ALL the submissions to their challenges and I know that their creativeness is appreciated by all who check out the blog each week.

This undertaking has not possible without hard work and dedication and it's for this reason that we have decided to extend the number of members on the Design Team so that the load (particularly commenting) can be eased and the commitment spread a little.  
So....here's a
DT CALL!
We are therefore looking to add two new members to the DT. 
If you wish to be considered for such a position, please add (DT) after your name on your submission this week.

Those wishing to apply should
  • be comfortable with the CAS genre
  • have a personal blog
  • produce a sample card for each week's challenge 
  • comment on a large proportion of the submissions to every challenge 
  • add additional cards for some of the challenges to their personal blogs

Now on to this week's challenge!
We are back to a
ONE LAYER CARD
 and we would like to have you
INCLUDE A STEM
My fuchsia stem, stamped off the page, is a Woodware stamp, coloured with Inktense pencils on kraft card.  The sentiment is by Visible Image.

This is a fab digital image of coneflowers from the Wax Fruit Company, coloured with watercolour pencils and blended with a water brush. A little clear Wink of Stella was added over the colour.
The sentiment is computer generated.

Here I've used the floral images from Uniko: Pure Florals Cosmos

and there's a fair bit of masking! 'Love' sentiment is CBS: Say it in Style
and the others are from WPlus9: Sending you Sunshine. 
The images are coloured with Zig Clear Brush pens with some wink
of stella and a blob of glossy accents to the flower centres.

 is taking  break for a couple of weeks

Do remember to leave lots of that all important white space and as with a couple of the DT examples here, don't be afraid to go off the edge of the card sometimes!
We have always encouraged participants to comment of fellow participants entries and we are delighted that so many LIMettes already do this, but if you haven't yet considered this we would urge you to do so...many friendships have begun this way!

The important thing is to have fun!


10 comments:

  1. Nice to read and see how many reactions there where for the previous challenge. This challenge is a great challenge too. I love the one-layer cards. Have a nice weekend, Ankie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My compliments and thanks to the design team for always taking time to visit all the blogs and leave a comment,it is so much appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, as a newbie CAS card maker, a One Layer Card is up there with the totally worth challenges.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, taking part in this great challenge blog and getting the inspiration from all of you super talented and fabulous ladies has been real joy from day one. Thank you for continuing challenging our CAS imagination, mine really gets a workout!!!!!
    Big Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too would like to add that I am very grateful to the DT for always leaving comments and to thank them 'All' for their time in doing so. I love receiving feedback and comments and it is to that end that the least I can do is to return their kindness and hard work on their blogs. I always learn so much and get so inspired by visiting other blogs and I do so enjoy leaving comments x I very much appreciate all the hard work that other crafters have done. I thank everyone for their inspiration, DT members and the very creative contributors to this blog x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to miss your 5th birthday celebrations last week, joining in today and wishing you all well, it's been a while :D hugs Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the fun challenge. I always enjoy being challenged & enjoying your gorgeous creations. Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found this great site when I visited Gay's blog and am so glad that I did. I have been busy today making one-layer cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! Could you please remove my entry #34 Ashwini? I notice that there is no stem! Sorry for the trouble..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another fun and unique challenge brief, Chrissie! I love it! And you do have the best DT in the community! Thank you all!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, just added my effort and wow what an amazing selection the other entries are (and DT samples) , Really hoping to visit lots and have a proper look.....if only there was more time. X

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.